One more list posted November 2013
It's time for a new list of random things I noticed about Bordeaux :
- Many 2€ kebab places. Also, kebab here are made with a Lebanese bread, like a crepe, and not with the half of an Arabic bread like in Lyon.
- It's raining, A LOT. It's raining at least once a week, but usually way more than once a week.
- It's not that cold. I just came back from a week in Lyon and oh my god was it cold there, you can feel winter coming, but in Bordeaux ? Chill, you don't need that jacket.
- There are no Bordelais. Most people I run into come from other places in France. I actually only met one Bordelaise and it was during my first week here.
- The city is really not that big. In 30 minutes you feel like you've seen most of it.
- We have Velov' in Lyon, Velib' in Paris, here it's Vcub. Those free bikes you can rent pretty much anywhere.
clara Job lai
You're crazy :p
Just as a disclaimer, I'm not passing any judgments (especially in my observation about gay and black people). I'm just writing what I see, in an analytic kind of way. Everything that looks different from another french city is worth being written in my modest opinion.
leave a comment...