Hack.Summit() posted December 2014
I'm overwhelmed with interviews those last days. I just spent more than 8 hours on one (remote location, late trains, low battery, no keys... long story).
And like this is not enough, Hack Summit just started
Right now Ed Roman is introducing the hack.summit(). talking about a lot of good stuff and giving some book recommendations.
EDIT: Some notes on what he just said:
- pair coding (when you code and someone is watching, or the inverse)
- pomodoro technique (I'm already doing this, even made this)
- remove distractions (mail, phone...)
- pretend to talk and explain what you're doing/coding (close to my theory about writing down stuff to organize your thoughts, and pretend to write stuff on the table with your fingers to memorize it)
- iterate quickly, fail quickly and often.
- personalize your IDE
- use git, use the command line...
Now Scott Hanselman is talking but I have to go to the Champs Elysées drink some Glühwein at the Marché de noël some pardon me ;)
Now Tom Chi